The secret to being happy is to choose to be happy. That simple! Choose happiness. Nobody is born with a happy gene. Sure some people are more ardent and optimistic but long lasting and true happiness. Is a choice. Here are few things you can give up and remove from your life so you can maintain long lasting happy full life.
1. Give up being in control. The only thing we can control is our reaction to what life gives us. Let go and let God and trust all is well and working for your good. Happy people go with the flow and are not controlling and ridged.
2. Give up criticizing yourself and others. Yes, give it up. If your used to criticizing and it has become your dirty little habit. Start with one thing per day that you actually like about yourself or others. Start there! Happy people are not insecure and they don’t criticize others in fact they look for ways to build others up and not tare them down.
3. Give up complaining. The same energy you use to complain can be used to celebrate life and looking for the good things about life! Instead of the bad. Happy people rarely complain and instead look for the bright spot in every situation.
4. Give up always being right. Yes, give it up. Be willing to be wrong or be open to other possibilities or different views. Happy people are willing to listen to someone else’s views or perspective.
5. Give up comparing yourself to others. Yes, you are a one of a kind and a original masterpiece. There is no comparison. Happy people don’t have time to compare because they know everyone is unique.
6. Give up all the little lies. Like saying your happy when you are not. Like not speaking your truth. Happy people don’t have time to lie to themselves or others. Instead they are busy making their dreams and goals come true.
7. Give up hiding your light. Instead shine and shine brightly and light the path for others. Happy people don’t live in fear of their own shine. Instead they look for ways to sparkle a little more brighter each day in hopes to inspire others to do the same.
8. Give up feeling sorry for yourself. You are not a victim. If you don’t like your life. Start by changing your thinking. Happy do not feel sorry for themselves no way that is a big turn off. Instead they are grateful for every lesson learned and they turn their stumbling blocks into stepping stones.
9. Give up being ungrateful. Instead be grateful for everything. The more grateful you are the more you will have to be grateful for. Happy people don’t have time to take things for grated and not be content. They are to busy counting their blessing and feeling fortunate and loved.
10. Give up judging yourself and others. Yes, give it up. Every time you are tempted to judge someone negatively add to the end of the sentence ” and me too”. Only God can judge. Don’t judge yourself either. You are child of God. Happy people don’t judge others. They know only God can do that. They know if they judge people they will not have any time to love them. Happy people love themselves and others A LOT!
11. Give up using the word ” Cant” and change it to” I Can!” You can do anything you put your mind to do. Happy people do not use the word can’t its not even in their vocabulary.
There you have it. Feel free to share and add to this list. We always love hearing from you. Share this article with everyone you know and embrace life with a open heart. Life really does love you fully!