Photo Credit : Pinterest
I been so busy building my businesses and brands for the past three years. Writing books, I am still writing I have so many, many, many projects brewing and to accomplish its all wonderful because I am In-spirit and I am grateful to get to do this wonderful work in the world and I know more is yet to come, many books, movies, music Cd’s, meditation Cd’s, lectures, events, retreats and so on. I am not done by any means actually I have only just begun. However, I am realizing life is more then just work.
So I am kinda savoring my time right now. I know when things PEAK they are gonna peak it will be non-stop. Yes, I am also enjoying being beautifully distracted. I have not really been this distracted in a beautiful way in at least 7 years. There are bad distraction( I am not talking about anything that would hinder your purpose) and then there are ” Beautiful Distractions” I love beautiful distraction.
It’s wonderful to have goals and dreams. But, its equally important to enjoy life and allow yourself to enjoy the journey. Do that which nourishes your soul. We must allow life to unfold in its own magical and wonderful ways. Life is meant to enjoy and savor and find pleasure too. Not just work, work, work. I am talking to myself too
Take more time off, go down that little road you always see and want to know where it would lead? Go to the vacation spot you have always longed for but can never make the time in your busy work schedule.
Talk to that person you been wanting to connect with if you were not so busy all the time. Life is happening all around you. Enjoy it. Spend more time with your family and friends and just hang out. Its summer time, chill. How about trying something new? Dive into a new hobby just for fun and the thrill of it. When was the last time you felt butterflies and was REALLY excited and had that alive feeling? Are you missing that feeling? Go for it, be wild, be free, allow yourself to enjoy life.
Allow yourself to get beautifully distracted. In a beautiful way ♥
You will find out a little secret about beautiful distractions, when you allow yourself to enjoy life fully it will bring in NEW inspiration, glorious passion that will catapult you even further into your glorious future.
With all my Love & Gratitude,
Today’s episode is a continuation of our 7 ways to love yourself more series. This is lesson 4 be sure to sign up to download the book at Amazon or Daily Love Assignment. And sign up to receive this video series in your inbox each week along with the worksheets filled with exercises, affirmation and meditation moment to sign up go here
This weeks Tweet, Tweet
Affirmation: I forgive myself and release all barriers to love #self-love @mariecornelio
Today’s episode is a continuation of our 7 ways to love yourself more series. This is lesson 3 be sure to sign up to download the book at Amazon or Daily Love Assignment. And sign up to receive this video series in your inbox each week along with the worksheets filled with exercises, affirmation and meditation moment to sign up go here
This weeks Tweet, Tweet
I see the best in myself and release what does not serve my highest good@mariecornelio #self-love
First of all there is no right way or wrong way to set an intention. Life is so simple and sometimes unintentionally we humans make it complicated. I will share with you my practice. Feel free to tweak it and get as creative as you like with yours.
It started over five years ago, I started setting intentions instead of resolutions. I think it was because year after year of making a resolution that I would quickly forget. I got tired of making resolutions. So that is when I decided to set an intention. I mean I was living a intentional life anyways so, It just made sense to me. Then when I looked up the word intention in the dictionary I was hooked. Here is the definition I read.
When you set an intentional course of action that is aligned with your truth and highest good it becomes much easier to align your actions with and easier to stay motivated all year long. Once I set an intention. I post it on a sticky note and reflect upon it all through out the year. It is especially helpful when I am distracted. The post it note helps me re-calibrate, reflect and realign with my truth and intention and I love it.
Its funny cause some years I know exactly what will be my intention ( like last year) other years ( like this year) I don’t know right away. There was one word that stood out to be starting the third quarter of 2012. It is now on the list for my intention for 2013. The other two words came through prayer and meditation.
Here are a few simple easy practical tips you can use to set a yearly intention.
1.) Through prayer, meditation pick a word or few words to set as your intention. .Once you pick a word if you like, you can attach it to an affirmation, sacred scripture, mantra, desired feeling or prayer. Whatever feels right for you. I usually attach mine to a affirmation or desired feeling.
2.) Once you pick your word. W rite it down and post it where you can see it everyday. I once met a man who was very creative and decided to hire a man from Esty to hand carve him his word of intention which was ” joy”. He said it cost like $5.00 Then he would keep it where he could see it all year long . At the end of the year he would pick his next word and use the old one as a home decoration. Gives a new meaning to ” Good Intentions” His home is filled with his wooden words of good intentions and positive energy. Love it!
It is really that simple! Just remember keep it simple and there is no right way or wrong way. Ok, now I will show you mine if you show me yours.:) I will go first. Here is my intentions for 2013
1. Ease: I plan to work with ease it feels good to even say it. I think because it reminds me of the word easy. The definition of ease is a state of rest, relaxation, or leisure: Freedom from difficulty, hardship. Freedom from pain, worry, or agitation. Love it. Being a busy CEO and Founder ease is exactly what I need to set as a intention and to align myself with.
3. Truth Seeker: I plan to seek truth, authenticity, transparency, realness, truth and speak my truth and connect with truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.
There you have it and now its your turn to share. In the comments section. Can’ t wait to read your response and feel free to share this article with your friends.
On a side note: I really feel the Mayans had it right about the end of time as we know it. I want to share a quote with you that is so poignant and my sentiments exactly. Enjoy!
”According to the Mayan calendar, December 21, 2012 marks the end of non-time and the beginning of time. It is the end of the Macha and the beginning of the Pacha. It is the end of selfishness and the beginning of brotherhood. It is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism, the end of hatred and the beginning of love. The end of lies and the beginning of truth. It is the end of sadness and the beginning of joy. It is the end of division and the beginning of unity.”
-President Evo Morales of Bolivia to the U.N.
Have a happy NEW year and wonderful 2013. It is going to be amazing NEW year. Cheers to a safe, happy and healthy year for you and yours. Love you all so much!
For those of you that follow MarieTV. We will be back next year! Every Monday! Subscribe to our Channel HERE
Love you all,
The secret to being happy is to choose to be happy. That simple! Choose happiness. Nobody is born with a happy gene. Sure some people are more ardent and optimistic but long lasting and true happiness, is a choice. Here are few things you can give up and remove from your life so you can maintain long lasting happy full life.
1. Give up being in control. The only thing we can control is our reaction to what life gives us. Let go and let God and trust all is well and working for your good. Happy people go with the flow and are not controlling and ridged.
2. Give up criticizing yourself and others. Yes, give it up. If your used to criticizing and it has become your dirty little habit. Start with one thing per day that you actually like about yourself or others. Start there! Happy people are not insecure and they don’t criticize others in fact they look for ways to build others up and not tare them down.
3. Give up complaining. The same energy you use to complain can be used to celebrate life and looking for the good things about life! Instead of the bad. Happy people rarely complain and instead look for the bright spot in every situation.
4. Give up always being right. Yes, give it up. Be willing to be wrong or be open to other possibilities or different views. Happy people are willing to listen to someone else’s views or perspective.
5. Give up comparing yourself to others. Yes, you are a one of a kind and a original masterpiece. There is no comparison. Happy people don’t have time to compare because they know everyone is unique.
6. Give up all the little lies. Like saying your happy when you are not. Like not speaking your truth. Happy people don’t have time to lie to themselves or others. Instead they are busy making their dreams and goals come true.
7. Give up hiding your light. Instead shine and shine brightly and light the path for others. Happy people don’t live in fear of their own shine. Instead they look for ways to sparkle a little more brighter each day in hopes to inspire others to do the same.
8. Give up feeling sorry for yourself. You are not a victim. If you don’t like your life. Start by changing your thinking. Happy do not feel sorry for themselves no way that is a big turn off. Instead they are grateful for every lesson learned and they turn their stumbling blocks into stepping stones.
9. Give up being ungrateful. Instead be grateful for everything. The more grateful you are the more you will have to be grateful for. Happy people don’t have time to take things for grated and not be content. They are to busy counting their blessing and feeling fortunate and loved.
10. Give up judging yourself and others. Yes, give it up. Every time you are tempted to judge someone negatively add to the end of the sentence ” and me too”. Only God can judge. Don’t judge yourself either. You are child of God. Happy people don’t judge others. They know only God can do that. They know if they judge people they will not have any time to love them. Happy people love themselves and others A LOT!
11. Give up using the word ” Cant” and change it to” I Can!” You can do anything you put your mind to do. Happy people do not use the word can’t its not even in their vocabulary.
There you have it. Feel free to share and add to this list. We always love hearing from you. Share this article with everyone you know and embrace life with a open heart. Life really does love you fully!
Are you ready to start your journey back to your soul?
Everyday Grace- Is a 21 day graceful, beautiful, journey, to help you get back in touch with your sacred soul!
This journey will stir, inspire and empower that place inside you that is
beautiful, wise, sacred, authentic, the true you.
Let’s look closely at the facts.
Life can get pretty busy in your day-to-day life,
You can neglect yourself for so long
that you actually lose yourself.
It’s time you get back to your true self.
Listen to the part of you that is sacred, valuable, worthy and deserving of all your dreams.
“If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.”
― Eckhart Tolle
How this Soul Journey Works:
- Each morning a email arrives in your inbox, filled with a meaningful daily grace note, for your eyes only, each grace note is designed to help you create connection and conversation between you and your soul.
- You can follow along daily or save them up for when you have a nice amount of time to gracefully immerse yourself in the words, poems, stories, the images and prompts.
- There are no strict action steps or log sheets to keep. Instead just simple, graceful, easy, prompts filled with easy gentle guidance to help you connect with your soul, grow, and elegantly transform your life.
- You can do as little or as much as feels right to you. Allow the flow of making this 21 day sacred practice and ritual something sacred, magical and life transforming.
- Keep your Everyday Grace Journal ( included in the e-Course) close by for journaling, painting, recording pictures or whatever your soul wants in the moment.
When I looked in the old worn box, inside was the most kind ,sweet and precious handmade scarves, crotched hats, and all in an assortment of rainbow colors. Just looking at them made you smile and feel happy.
I mentioned to the receptionist how sweet it was for the cancer center to offer such nice scarves and hats to the chemo patients at the center.
The receptionist smiled and said” a kind woman donates and brings them to the center each week”.
The nurse registered my aunt for her appointment and we all waited for her to go to the treatment room.
As I sat there, I started to think to myself. I would really like to do something kind and loving for the patients at the cancer center. After a few days of brainstorming, I decided I would create supportive, encouraging paintings and donate them and that’s, just what I did.
However, the sign on the old worn box lingered and made an impression on me that day. I thought to myself! How many times do people forget to really take what they need in life. Can you imagine if everyone would start to take what they needed and when they needed it? How much more simple and kind life would be. Life is so fragile. We are not promised tomorrow. We must make the most of this precious life we have been given. Everyday! We must have fun and enjoy life to the fullest. Here are few simple tips to help encourage you to start to live in the present and start to take what you really need in life.
1. Give yourself permission: To put yourself first and take what you
really need and when you really need it . Example: Could be as simple as
a nap, vacation, quick break, ask for that raise on the job, start that
business, start that mission work or non-profit, maybe buy that new piece of furniture
you been needing.
2. Stop putting yourself last: When we put ourselves last you are taking
your own power away. You are telling the universe and everyone around you
that you are not worth anything. Dear heart, that is so far from the truth.
You are worth 1000% of the love and energy you give away each day to everyone else.
3. Take the help: When others offer you help, take it. You are not
superwomen nor superman so be willing to take and ask for help when you
4. Don’t feel guilty: When you take what you really need. Enjoy it and savor it and be
present in the moment and really appreciate it.
5. Give thanks: Be grateful for the opportunity to take what you need and
always be grateful for all your blessings.
6. Less is more: Do not feel like you have to take everything and do
everything and be everywhere. Just be yourself.! Give up on trying to
compete with everyone else or needing the approval of others to feel like
you are enough or important. Gorgeous, you are enough just by being you. Remember only
take what you really need in life. To much of anything is never good.
7. Be a Giver: After you take what you need in life. Give to others what they may need. Look for ways to be of service.
There is no greater joy in life then being a giver. The gift is in the giving!
I hope these few tips gave you something to think about. I hope they will encourage, inspire and help you to take what you need in life and encourage you to allow others in your life to take what they need too. If more people would take what they needed and only what they need and only when they need it. There would be more happy, content and peaceful people in our world and there would be a lot less anger, resentment, anxiety, burn out and overwhelm. So take what you need!
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. Founder of Daily Love Assignment. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archives, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. . Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude bike rides and walks with her dog Roxie Love .
It’s in our deepest vulnerability that our deepest glorious beauty lies.
When we are raw, naked and exposed
The Light that shines from deep within is revealed
If you are brave enough
Take off the mask’s
There is nothing to be afraid of
The glorious, imperfect and yet perfect soul
Cracked, crazy, wanting, giving, sharing, craving
What a Glorious Beauty……
© 2012 Marie Cornelio
Photo Credit by Leslie M K
We all get those days when everything that can go wrong does. When the car breaks down, the kitchen faucet springs a leak, your best friend moves away and so on. I put together some tips to help you change your mood and go from feeling down to feeling happy and grateful.
I love this quote and it says it all. “In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.”
—Brother David Steindl-Rast
1. This To Shall Pass: Just remember that trouble does not last always. In the cycle of life what goes up must come down and what comes down must go up. Remind yourself that this is just a set back and this is temporary and this to shall pass.
2. Feel it To Heal it: Allow yourself to feel the disappointment and frustration. Don’t hold anything in. You can also call someone you trust and vent and let it all out in your conversation or you can always go outside and throw a carton of eggs at a wall and then wash it all off. The goal is so let it all out in a healthy manner so you can move into a more peaceful state.
3. Trust: That all things are working for your highest good and out this circumstance only good will come.
4. Turn On Dance Music: Turn on your favorite music and start dancing even if you don’t feel like it. The feel good endorphins will kick in and you will start to feel good in no time at all.
5. Watch A Funny Movie: Ever heard that laughter is the best medicine. It is true. Go out and buy some comedy DVD or funny movie that will make you laugh and watch them and get lost in the hilariousness of it all. Laugh as much as you can.
6. Count Your Blessings: Gratitude is always the answer. Start looking at what is going right in your life instead of what is going wrong. Count your blessings. You can also listen to my free grateful heart exercise here. It will put you in a instant state of gratitude and will help you feel a lot better.
So there you have it! I hope you try these the next time you are feeling down. Feel free to keep me posted on how these tips worked for you. Also if you have a burning question you would like me to answer on a new vlog series I am creating be sure to send your questions to AskMarie(at)MarieCornelio.com
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. . Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike.
Hey Beautiful Soul
A lot has been going on these last few weeks and even more things are coming so stay tuned.
First, I wanted to let you know that I have a brand new gift for you! I LOVE giving gifts! I have even been known to send random strangers gifts when I have felt moved. Just because and just to
see their smile light up and their day become a little brighter warms my heart to pieces.
So that is why I am GIVING away this amazing kit for FREE.
I don’t want anyone not to be able to have this amazing kit because of lack of funds.
Gratitude is so vital for your life and it’s so important to cultivate a grateful heart especially if you want to be happy on regular basis.
Here is the Table Of Contents!
Daily Gratitude Log Sheet
18 Positive Gratitude Affirmations & Quotes
Open Heart Meditation Exercise
5 Positive Tips to Help You Cultivate A Grateful Heart
Plus Gratitude Resource
and its all FREE my love!
( $79.00 Value)
Be sure to download and use it daily! Everything I make is made with LOVE and to help you reach your goals and become the BEST version of yourself.
And this is not all!! We here at Marie Cornelio International have been busy, busy bee’s
Bzz ing around creating beautiful things for your life!
We just launched our Daily Love Assignment Website HERE Now you can get Daily Love Assignment sent straight to your inbox each week!
In the next week or so we will be launching some wonderful products that I really think you are going to love so stay tuned! Be sure to get on our email list so you can be the first to know when we launch things and give way free gifts!
Have an amazing weekend!
All My Love