This week on Marie TV we are talking about traditional vs non-traditional ways of expressing, practicing and reflecting upon gratitude in your life. Please feel free to share this video and subscribe to our channel. In comments below share your thoughts, idea and ways you practice gratitude we love hearing from you. Be sure to subscribe to MarieTV and get on our mailing list and we will send you these video’s each week along with our monthly newsletter THRIVE.
In the presence of love there is beauty, In the presence of love there is light,
In the presence of love there are miracles and healing.
In the presence of love there is truth,
in the presence of love there is kindness, in the presence there is peace.
In the presence of love there is hope for you and me.
In the presence of love there is singing, In the presence of love there is rejoicing too.
In the presence of love there is magnificent gratefulness. Love is in the details of our life…
© 2012 Marie Cornelio
Have you signed up for our FREE Daily Love Assignments? If not go here
Be sure to grab your free Gratitude Tool kit! and Share this Poem with everyone you know and together lets heal the planet with love!
Hi Beautiful Soul,
I usually send out a newsletter once a month. So far, so good! I have not missed a month. However, I been thinking about writing more then once a month. So every now and then you might see a few more blog post on the website.
This month has been super busy. I am getting ready to pre- launch a NEW Women’s Institute called” Inner Tough Chic(k)! Institute ™ Where Women Learn to Thrive and Tap Into Their Inner Strength for life and business. Its going to be an amazing place for you to grow and transform. I hope you take advantage of this great opportunity and become a member. I am putting the final touches on the website now and getting the member benefit package completed. Plus assembling together a group of amazing expert faculty members to help facilitate growth and transformation for you. I can’t wait to reveal the deets. In the mean time you can join us on Facebook or Twitter for tips, encouragement and support. Be sure to let all your girlfriends know about us too!
In between getting everything ready for our Inner Tough Chic(k)! Institute ™ pre-launch I have been painting using some really cool oil pastels. You can check out some of the pictures of some of the pieces. I love enclosing postive messages and affirmations to my art.
This one is for our NEW facebook community page A Thousand Tiny Miracles Join us!
About missing you! Yes, like an old friend that you have not talked to in a while. I am missing connecting with you here on the blog and I thought you might be missing me too xox. In fact I want to hear more from you more often in the future. I would love to know if you have any questions you would like me to answer? I am collecting question to answer on my Vlog coming soon. Or if you just want to send a thank you letter or love note, suggestions, request. I always love those too! Here is my email addy firstname.lastname@example.org
We all get those days when everything that can go wrong does. When the car breaks down, the kitchen faucet springs a leak, your best friend moves away and so on. I put together some tips to help you change your mood and go from feeling down to feeling happy and grateful.
I love this quote and it says it all. “In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.”
—Brother David Steindl-Rast
1. This To Shall Pass: Just remember that trouble does not last always. In the cycle of life what goes up must come down and what comes down must go up. Remind yourself that this is just a set back and this is temporary and this to shall pass.
2. Feel it To Heal it: Allow yourself to feel the disappointment and frustration. Don’t hold anything in. You can also call someone you trust and vent and let it all out in your conversation or you can always go outside and throw a carton of eggs at a wall and then wash it all off. The goal is so let it all out in a healthy manner so you can move into a more peaceful state.
3. Trust: That all things are working for your highest good and out this circumstance only good will come.
4. Turn On Dance Music: Turn on your favorite music and start dancing even if you don’t feel like it. The feel good endorphins will kick in and you will start to feel good in no time at all.
5. Watch A Funny Movie: Ever heard that laughter is the best medicine. It is true. Go out and buy some comedy DVD or funny movie that will make you laugh and watch them and get lost in the hilariousness of it all. Laugh as much as you can.
6. Count Your Blessings: Gratitude is always the answer. Start looking at what is going right in your life instead of what is going wrong. Count your blessings. You can also listen to my free grateful heart exercise here. It will put you in a instant state of gratitude and will help you feel a lot better.
So there you have it! I hope you try these the next time you are feeling down. Feel free to keep me posted on how these tips worked for you. Also if you have a burning question you would like me to answer on a new vlog series I am creating be sure to send your questions to AskMarie(at)MarieCornelio.com
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. . Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike.
Hey Beautiful Soul
A lot has been going on these last few weeks and even more things are coming so stay tuned.
First, I wanted to let you know that I have a brand new gift for you! I LOVE giving gifts! I have even been known to send random strangers gifts when I have felt moved. Just because and just to
see their smile light up and their day become a little brighter warms my heart to pieces.
So that is why I am GIVING away this amazing kit for FREE.
I don’t want anyone not to be able to have this amazing kit because of lack of funds.
Gratitude is so vital for your life and it’s so important to cultivate a grateful heart especially if you want to be happy on regular basis.
Here is the Table Of Contents!
Daily Gratitude Log Sheet
18 Positive Gratitude Affirmations & Quotes
Open Heart Meditation Exercise
5 Positive Tips to Help You Cultivate A Grateful Heart
Plus Gratitude Resource
and its all FREE my love!
( $79.00 Value)
Be sure to download and use it daily! Everything I make is made with LOVE and to help you reach your goals and become the BEST version of yourself.
And this is not all!! We here at Marie Cornelio International have been busy, busy bee’s
Bzz ing around creating beautiful things for your life!
We just launched our Daily Love Assignment Website HERE Now you can get Daily Love Assignment sent straight to your inbox each week!
In the next week or so we will be launching some wonderful products that I really think you are going to love so stay tuned! Be sure to get on our email list so you can be the first to know when we launch things and give way free gifts!
Have an amazing weekend!
All My Love
( photo credit ESEA)
When I think of the word surviving it brings me back to my dear aunt who recently survived breast cancer. I remember packing a suitcase and driving to my aunts home a few hours away. I had no idea what to expect. I just knew I had to be there to offer help and support. Since my aunt does not drive, each day for 5 days, twice a day we commuted to the cancer center for radiation. When I walked into the cancer center for the fist time, I noticed all kinds of women with these colorful scarves, and knitted hats on. The nurse registered my aunt and gave me a free parking pass for the week. On the right side of the counter stood a basket that read
” Take what you need”
( there is a teachable lesson in that” Take what you need ” I will have to save that for another article )
inside were these beautiful handmade scarves and knitted hats. I mentioned to the receptionist how sweet it was for them to offer these to the patients. She told me a woman makes them and donates them to the center. I thought to myself that is so nice and wished I could do something to help too. As the week went by I noticed all the women who wore the beautiful hair attire. I also noticed how they had this special bond, understanding, and knowing, a sacred society . Maybe even one of the few places you don’t have to explain why you don’t have hair or why you lost so much weight or don’t feel good. These special women and men are strong and are the epitome of brave and courageous. I watched my aunt go through some of the most horrific painful experience in her life and survive. I watched how she bravely faced each day and fought to save her life. I also watched a sigh of relief come over her on the last day of radiation. You see each time someone completes radiation treatment or chemo therapy the cancer center there congratulates them. It’s a like a graduation day. I decided I would paint some paintings reflecting encouragement and empowerment and donate them to the center. Many times during that week you would have found me sketching on my sketch pad.
Here are some of the finished mixed media paintings
The painting with the women by the tree was inspired by none other then the amazing Kris Carr from crazy, sexy cancer. She is the ultimate wellness warrior !
I plan on making more paintings and products for cancer survivors and the ones still coping and coming through and their families. Having gone through this experience with my aunt, I can tell you. Cancer affects the whole family, not just the person who has it. I am much more aware and compassionate now. All is well.
Here are some tips to help you go from surviving to thriving in your own life.
Pay close attention to how you feel.
Get moving and get active.
Figure out what’s important to you and do that.
Take fun seriously.
Eat your veggies and take your vitamins.
Get plenty of sunshine each day.
Drink plenty of water and get lots of sleep at least eight hours a night.
Count your blessings.
Develop a spiritual practice and pray and meditate.
Get regular health check-ups.
Thoughts for your Journey
What are some new ways in your own life can you go from surviving and coping to THRIVING?
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. Marie is a positive role model for today and tomorrows spiritual seeker. You can connect with Marie and learn about her programs, mentorship, services. Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com.
Age makes little difference when a mother you are, And as you grow older, seems you’re more precious by far;
For your children all love you whatever they do;
You’re forever their mother though they’ve grandchildren too.
They may always live near you, far away roam,
But their thoughts turn often to Mother and home
Though long years have passed since they sat at your knee,
They will always be children in your memory.
You may sometimes be busy with a many a care
Or you may only sit in your favorite chair.
You may no longer have need of your old dusting cap,
And often your hands just rest in your lap.
You’ve given so much in this life you’ve been living,
And as years go by, you still keep on giving.
You give, as in sympathy you shed but a tear;
You give when you smile and call someone ” dear”
It may not seem much, but you help every day-
To chase away shadows that might darken the way;
You help as you sing when others feel blue;
You’ll always be helping by just being you.
So mothers, all mothers, we want each to know
Your children love you though they forget to say so;
And each of us here, as child young or old,
Knows that you’re loved, but you want to be told.
So now we would like to show in some little way
That we think of the oldest as special today;
And because you have lived more years than another, Today, Mom you are my honored Mother!
By Blanche Bliss Butler
10 things I learned from my mom:
1. Love yourself and love God with all your heart, soul and mind.
2.Laugh it off. Don’t take life to seriously. Laughter is the best medicine.
3. Live honest and be kind to everyone and love everyone.
4. As a women you do not need a man to complete you or make you happy in life ( only you can do that) One is a whole number.
5.Never let a man or anyone abuse you. If you have to leave a man do it when he is at work. lol she really told me this :)
6. You can do anything you put your mind to do. Believe in yourself.
7. Women are stronger then they think.
8. Pray and listen.
9. Don’t cuss, gossip, lie or think you are better then anyone else.
10. Forgive Often and Always.
My mom has been my biggest supporter in life. I love her dearly. We laugh all the time. I would not be the woman that I am today without my loving mother. She is my rock, my best friend and my biggest FAN and she loves me unconditional. She is wonderful example of what strong and courageous looks like. Thank you Mom for being my mother! xoxo Feel free to leave advice or comments what you learned from your mom in the comments section. As always we would love to hear from you.
Wow, 2011 just flew by. It seemed like just yesterday, I was saying Happy New Year and reflecting back at 2010. I am very grateful for all the blessings that did and didn’t unfolded in 2011. It’s all been part of this wonderful journey we call life. I am truly grateful for it all.
For the past few years, I have been giving themes and intentions to my years. Instead of resolutions. To me themes and intentions feel much more authentic and organic. I write my goals out for the new year with a plan of action along with affirmations. Some people burn their intentions as a symbol to release them.
I don’t ! I like reflecting back and seeing how many goals, intentions I accomplish by the end of the year. I start my new year themes and intention process with deep thought, reflection, gratitude, prayer, meditation, vision board and seeking lot’s of guidance from God as to what area I should work on first in my personal and professional life. As I promised I will be sharing my 2012 theme.
After careful consideration and signs and guidance. My theme for 2012 is Living and Speaking My Truth, Transition and Growth.
Plus, I plan to focus more on be-ing love, living love, giving love, love, love and more love. We could never love too much. I read a quote from one of my favorite authors Florence Scovel Shinn the book is called The Game of Life and How to Play it. It’s fabulous & filled with such goodness and wisdom! A must read!
Real love is selfless and free from fear. It pours itself out upon the object of its affection, without demanding any return. Its joy is in giving. Love is God in manifestation, and the strongest magnetic force in the universe. by Florence Scovel Shinn
Gratitude is my rock and the cornerstone of my spiritual foundation. Gods love is my peace and guide. So 2012 here we come and I welcome you with a open-heart to receive all that is meant to be. I release all attachments and expectations past, present & future while living in the present moment expanding my greatest joy.
Professionally, I am going to be getting my beautiful gratitude book out to you! It is sure to help you cultivate a gratitude practice and lifestyle. I also will be recording meditations Cd’s, audio courses. All these tools will defiantly help you cultivate a more loving experience in your life while living extremely grateful. It’s your turn now! What are your intentions, traditions, rituals for preparing for the New Year? I would love to hear them all. Share with us by leaving a comment
Medical studies have shown that living in a constant state of stress and overload can undermine your physical and spiritual well-being. People who live with high stress levels make more mistakes, have more accidents, get sick more often, experience higher rates of depression and physical pain than others who are able to reduce or manage stress well.
I created a list with a few simple stress relief techniques you can use to help you manage your stress during the holidays as well as all year long.
- Take a Gratitude walk or hike: Exercise is known to reduce stress and relieve tension. Studies indicate that exercise reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and hostility associated with high levels of stress. When adding a dose of gratitude to your daily walk or hike it will give you that extra burst of inspiration and happiness. By appreciating everything around you it will naturally cause you to become more aware and present. Thus raising your energetic vibration. Then your higher -level of vibration can attract more higher-level experience. Gratitude research has proven that when we practice gratitude on a daily basis it releases feel good chemicals to the brain that aids in our well-being causing us to have lower levels of stress and higher levels of peace and happiness.
- Listen to something soothing: Create a play list on your iPod with stress relaxing music, sounds of nature, instruments or your favorite positive songs. Listening to a audio book can be relaxing. When you pick music make sure it’s music that raises your happiness and peace vibration.
- Practice meditation: Anyone can practice meditation. Meditation gives us a sense of calm, inner-peace. Spiritually it connects us to infinite Love. Meditation benefits our over all well-being. Medical researchers have found that meditation brings down high blood pressure, anxiety disorders, cancer, depression, heart disease, substance abuse, sleeping problems. There are several forms of mediation find what form best meets your needs. When you need it stop, drop and meditate.
- Practice yoga: There are all sorts of yoga styles find one’s that works best for you and give it a try. It’s good for the body and mind and a wonderful way to reduce stress.
- Don’t over commit: Keep a calendar and never say yes automatically. Time pressure contributes heavily to the experience of stress in our culture. Keep the party planning and gift contribution down to a minimum. Be sure to schedule inactive time so you can just be and relax. Don’t feel guilty because you can’t make it to every holiday party.
- Do your gift shopping early in the morning or on-line: The best way to avoid the stress of over crowded malls or parking lot’s is by shopping on-line. When going to the store or mall to shop. Get there as soon as the doors open. You are more likely to beat the crowds and find a good place to park.
- Watch your spending: Over spending causes a lot of stress. There is never any happiness in more. Create a budget for spending and do not go over it. Find creative ways to participate in gift giving like making your gifts or eliminate gift giving all together this year and opt for contributing to a charitable organization or being of service.
- Schedule self-care day: Go to a day spa, get a message, facial or treatment. Allow yourself to rest and rejuvenate. If you can’t afford the spa opt for a manicure or pedicure or do your own holistic natural home day spa. Read a good book or go see a movie, gardening is also wonderful way to relax.
- Make yourself laugh: Medical researchers have shown that laughter actually has therapeutic effects within the body. Laughing speeds up your heart rate, releases endorphins into your system and helps relieve stress. So put on a funny movie or think of something silly somebody you know did and laugh and laugh and laugh.
- Release expectation: Release expectation and attachments learn to go with the flow. Do not try please everyone that will just create stress. Let go and go with the flow. The holidays can bring out a lot expectation and issues with family and friends. Set an intention to release all that and trust and commit to stay present and in the moment.
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: You can keep a gratitude journal, gratitude board, gratitude photo album or write your gratitude on post it note. Counting your blessings is a wonderful way to self-express your appreciation. Find a quite time during your day or evening. Make your favorite tea or warm drink and reflect upon what you have in your life to be grateful for. Gratitude is the attitude and it is a beautiful way to live. It’s a natural life sweeter. Research has shown it lowers stress and has many wonderful medical benefits. It can raise your happiness level by 25 %.
- Daily Prayer: Daily prayer is known to reduce stress. It allows your mind to become quite while expanding a calm state of mind.
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a Spiritual Teacher, Soul-Nutritionist, Transformation Catalyst and Gratitude Practitioner. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at www.mariecornelio.com. Marie lives in Northern, California and loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love.