The Paradox Of Life
Light and Dark
Human and Divine
Depression and Happiness
Love and Fear
Real and Fake
Kindness and Unkindness
Arrogance and Humility
Bitter and Sweet
Joy and Sorrow
More and Less
Beginning and End
We can make the best or the worst of it all
I hope you make the best!
© 2012 Marie Cornelio. All Rights Reserved
In the presence of love there is beauty, In the presence of love there is light,
In the presence of love there are miracles and healing.
In the presence of love there is truth,
in the presence of love there is kindness, in the presence there is peace.
In the presence of love there is hope for you and me.
In the presence of love there is singing, In the presence of love there is rejoicing too.
In the presence of love there is magnificent gratefulness. Love is in the details of our life…
© 2012 Marie Cornelio
Have you signed up for our FREE Daily Love Assignments? If not go here
Be sure to grab your free Gratitude Tool kit! and Share this Poem with everyone you know and together lets heal the planet with love!
Age makes little difference when a mother you are, And as you grow older, seems you’re more precious by far;
For your children all love you whatever they do;
You’re forever their mother though they’ve grandchildren too.
They may always live near you, far away roam,
But their thoughts turn often to Mother and home
Though long years have passed since they sat at your knee,
They will always be children in your memory.
You may sometimes be busy with a many a care
Or you may only sit in your favorite chair.
You may no longer have need of your old dusting cap,
And often your hands just rest in your lap.
You’ve given so much in this life you’ve been living,
And as years go by, you still keep on giving.
You give, as in sympathy you shed but a tear;
You give when you smile and call someone ” dear”
It may not seem much, but you help every day-
To chase away shadows that might darken the way;
You help as you sing when others feel blue;
You’ll always be helping by just being you.
So mothers, all mothers, we want each to know
Your children love you though they forget to say so;
And each of us here, as child young or old,
Knows that you’re loved, but you want to be told.
So now we would like to show in some little way
That we think of the oldest as special today;
And because you have lived more years than another, Today, Mom you are my honored Mother!
By Blanche Bliss Butler
10 things I learned from my mom:
1. Love yourself and love God with all your heart, soul and mind.
2.Laugh it off. Don’t take life to seriously. Laughter is the best medicine.
3. Live honest and be kind to everyone and love everyone.
4. As a women you do not need a man to complete you or make you happy in life ( only you can do that) One is a whole number.
5.Never let a man or anyone abuse you. If you have to leave a man do it when he is at work. lol she really told me this :)
6. You can do anything you put your mind to do. Believe in yourself.
7. Women are stronger then they think.
8. Pray and listen.
9. Don’t cuss, gossip, lie or think you are better then anyone else.
10. Forgive Often and Always.
My mom has been my biggest supporter in life. I love her dearly. We laugh all the time. I would not be the woman that I am today without my loving mother. She is my rock, my best friend and my biggest FAN and she loves me unconditional. She is wonderful example of what strong and courageous looks like. Thank you Mom for being my mother! xoxo Feel free to leave advice or comments what you learned from your mom in the comments section. As always we would love to hear from you.
Here are a few simple self development tips to help encourage you to live your best life now. The beautiful thing about life is that it gives us plenty of opportunities to unfold, grow, expand and become the highest vision of ourselves. Thankfully, it’s never too late to learn, grow, teach and become.
1. Tip # 1 Be yourself: Yes, the messy, imperfect, crazy, wild, honest, beautiful, zany, marvelous, delicious self. Embrace your flaws, shortcomings, shadows. When you are the truest expression of yourself and you stop resisting, blaming, hiding you can address the areas that need some improving, refinement and work. Without the attachment of judgment and guilt. Be the best version of yourself. You are not to seek perfection because that is a illusion. It is more important to be whole and healed instead of perfect.
When you give yourself permission to be who you really are and shine with authentic power and boldness. You let others see and meet the real you. Never pretend to be something or someone you are not. If you do that! You shrink and your light starts to dim. Never dumb yourself down so others don’t’ feel threaten by your light. Instead shine your light bright and lead the way so others feel empowered to do the same.
I would like to share this beautiful and poignant quote by Marianne Williamson. I feel these words should be our daily mantra.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
2. Tip # 2 Speak Kindly: Our world has become very harsh, brutal with its words its in our Music, TV programs ect. We need a intervention of kindness. We need to come back to kindness, compassion, patients. When we become more conscious of ourselves and realize that we are all connected on the planet. Then we can heal our planet and each other. Every word we speak, every thought we think and every action we take has an equal reaction and it carries with it a energy. We need to surrender to kindness and love. We need a renewing of our mind and our language and the way we interact with others. Never call anyone names or knock them down. Everyone is continually growing and developing and facing their own individual battle. We never have a right to verbal abuse anyone or use bad language to describe another person. We need to challenge ourselves to speak, act and react more thoughtful, kindly, lovingly, softly, and gently. Be slow to speak and quick to listen. I challenge you to go a whole day without speaking. If you must speak write a note. When we listen more we will become more conscious of words, tones and our action. We have more opportunities in life when we live from a conscious state of living. When you are kind, loving and thoughtful of others the universe will be more kind, loving and thoughtful to you. Our external reality is only a mirror reflection of our internal state of mind. If you long for more peace, love and kindness in your life then be more loving, kind and peaceful with everyone you meet.
3. Tip # 3 Love People: This one is epic and the most challenging. It’s easy to love those that love us back and treat us right. Yet what about those who don’t? Can you still love them? It’s not easy at times. In fact it’s down right hard work. I am not sure any of us have mastered it completely. Yet it is defiantly obtainable goal. My life study in this area has proven to me it is possible. I have seen glimpses of unconditional love in my life and in the life of my clients, friends and family. To love someone unconditional without expectations, attachment is vital. However, it’s a daily work. You have to daily choose to love instead of hate, hold grudges and resentments. Love starts with your thoughts and moves into your heart and emotions and becomes part of your character. We constantly have to choose love over fear. For example, instead of rushing to judgment against someone learn to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Instead of holding on to resentment try forgiving them. Some people are afraid to forgive because they think they will have to allow the person who has broken trust back into their life. Forgiveness is simply releasing the past and the hope that the past could have been any different. It sets you free to be all that God would have you to be. It’s not a permission slip for anyone to mistreat you or abuse you. When you forgive someone you are opening yourself to love. Some people in your life or in your past will have to be loved from a distance or left in the past. Never be afraid to forgive. Love is a choice and we must choose it daily.
I encourage you to work on these few simple and yet important personal development tips and let me know how it goes for you. It’s a life work. If you have any suggestion on how to be more of yourself, kind and loving feel free to share in our comments. We would love to hear from you.
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a personal, spiritual development consultant and guide. best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. Marie is a positive role model for today and tomorrows spiritual seeker. You can connect with Marie and learn about her programs, mentorship, services. Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com.
Have you ever been in a grocery store, bank line or doctors office and notice how people can be so unkind or short tampered. Have you ever had a bad experience with a unkind person? I know I have. A lot of my clients come to me for personal growth work and share deep experiences with me in order to heal themselves and move forward. I will never forget the story one of my clients shared with me. She said she was at a grocery store getting her groceries for the week with her 3 young boys. In fact she said their were lots of families at the grocery store that day. At the front of the grocery store line was a women in her mid to late 20′s. Just cussing up a storm with her friend. I mean she was dropping F Bombs, S bombs you name it. There were small children all around her and she didn’t even seem to notice or care. My client asked the young women not to use that particular language in front of her boys and cautioned her that their were lots of small children around her. My client said the young girl seem annoyed that anyone would take offense to her language and gave her a not so nice comment under her breath.
My client asked me what is wrong with our society ? Why are so many forgetting the lost art of kindness in their action and speech? When did it start to be cool to cuss and be so belligerent , vulgar in our speech, actions and mannerisms? What happened to the art of kindness, gentleness in speech and in actions ?
I had another client who was in her late 60′s. She was at the doctors office and her hip was hurting her really bad. So badly she could hardly stand. The doctor’s office was full of people that day most of them younger than her. She said not one peson offered to give up their seat to her. For fear of falling in pain on the floor she asked the receptionist if there was a empty room she could sit and wait in and explained how she was in pain. The receptionist quickly gave her a room. Where was the kindness you might ask? In everyone who saw her struggling to stand and breathing heavy in pain?
Some may blame it on television, the music, society, lack of proper upbringing. I tend to think its becuase many people are living their life unconscious. I know I have been guilty in the past. You can read my story here. Every thing we say, act, and do affects others in a positive or negative way. Our behavior is important. Loving kindness matters and makes all the difference. I believe we can speak our truth and live it and still be mindful of others. I love this quote by Irwin Federman
“People love others not for who they are but for how they make them feel.”
Here are a few helpful tips to become more consciously mindful.
- Before you speak, act or do ask yourself these questions. Is what I am about to say, do, act something that would uplift, benefit, encourage, be kind, helpful to others? If its not! Ditch it! Wait until you have calmed down and processed your emotions and feelings and then speak, act, do.
- Stay present in the moment. When we get ahead of ourselves or live in the past or we start living on autopilot or in reactionary mode we tend to become unconscious. Always remember things will happen to us in life and 99 % of the time the positive or negative outcome is determined by how we react to it.
- Look for ways to be kind and helpful : Consciously look for ways to be a blessing to someone. Listen to the still small voice of love in your soul. Some may call it intuition, God, voice of love, higher self. whichever feels right for you practice listening. Let me tell you there are many opportunities all around you everyday to be a blessing and to help someone. Practice being mindful of it. When I practice mindful kindness. I get spiritual hits all the time. Some days I feel compelled to call someone and encourage them or to send them a gift so they know how much they are loved and appreciated. God shows me all kinds of ways to be kind. Sometimes I feel to smile at someone or tell them how nice they look. Mindful, conscious kindness goes a long way. Think of the times someone has been kind to you. How did it make you feel?
- Pray before you go anywhere: Here is a prayer I like to say in the morning. Dear God, help me be a vessel of love, honor and kindess. lead me where you would have me go today and say what you would have me say and to whom. Then let God use you!
- Don’t self sabotage: Our behavior in life is so critical to our success in life and to successful outcomes. Dont’ allow your stubborness , pride, selfishness, control and hardheadedness sabotage you from donig the right thing and becoming the person you want to truely become. You can spend a life time building a life of trust, goodness and integrity and one big or several bad choices can tare it all down. I once knew a women who lived her whole life being honest, kind and a loving good mother. She made a really bad choice and embezzled money from a school fund she was trusted with and of course it ruined her reputation. Now when people bring up her name its associated with the embezzlement charges filed against her. Instead of the life time of kindness, generosity, trust she once held.
- Who are you listening to and hanging around? : Who you hang around matters. Birds of a feather flock together. If you want to be a loving, kind person. Make sure you hang around loving and kind people. Hang around people who hold space for your pursuit in excellence of character. The women who embezzled money didn’t do it alone she acted with a trusted friend. The friend showed her how to do it and” get away with it”. There is no getting away with anything in life. Some call it karma, cause and effect, sin. Whatever you do to others in life comes back and is done to you. Hang around positive role models with morals, integrity and loving kindness.