We all get those days when everything that can go wrong does. When the car breaks down, the kitchen faucet springs a leak, your best friend moves away and so on. I put together some tips to help you change your mood and go from feeling down to feeling happy and grateful.
I love this quote and it says it all. “In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy.”
—Brother David Steindl-Rast
1. This To Shall Pass: Just remember that trouble does not last always. In the cycle of life what goes up must come down and what comes down must go up. Remind yourself that this is just a set back and this is temporary and this to shall pass.
2. Feel it To Heal it: Allow yourself to feel the disappointment and frustration. Don’t hold anything in. You can also call someone you trust and vent and let it all out in your conversation or you can always go outside and throw a carton of eggs at a wall and then wash it all off. The goal is so let it all out in a healthy manner so you can move into a more peaceful state.
3. Trust: That all things are working for your highest good and out this circumstance only good will come.
4. Turn On Dance Music: Turn on your favorite music and start dancing even if you don’t feel like it. The feel good endorphins will kick in and you will start to feel good in no time at all.
5. Watch A Funny Movie: Ever heard that laughter is the best medicine. It is true. Go out and buy some comedy DVD or funny movie that will make you laugh and watch them and get lost in the hilariousness of it all. Laugh as much as you can.
6. Count Your Blessings: Gratitude is always the answer. Start looking at what is going right in your life instead of what is going wrong. Count your blessings. You can also listen to my free grateful heart exercise here. It will put you in a instant state of gratitude and will help you feel a lot better.
So there you have it! I hope you try these the next time you are feeling down. Feel free to keep me posted on how these tips worked for you. Also if you have a burning question you would like me to answer on a new vlog series I am creating be sure to send your questions to AskMarie(at)MarieCornelio.com
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a spiritual learder, teacher,artist, best selling author, inspirational speaker, meditation and gratitude practitioner. America’s Soul Nutritionist and the CEO of Marie Cornelio International. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at http://www.mariecornelio.com. . Marie lives in Northern California where she loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love or riding her bike.
I was out in nature today. I love going out to nature and touch the earth. It brings such a healing to my heart to hear the birds and see tree’s, water, plants. I recorded this little impromptu video and new song I wrote as I was just sitting there. I make up songs when I am inspired. :) The new little song is called Love is beautiful thing. Its not done yet! Its not perfect I was not trying to perform. Just enjoying myself and wanted to share nature and a inspirational song with you. My song is just like us we are not done yet either. Many of use are just starting out to find ourselves to find our voice, our truth and step into our own power, passion, soulful purpose. Take the leaps that you need to take. Dont’ be afraid. Take your time and grow with grace if you need to have compassion, self love and believe in yourself. You are magnificent. Life is not a race its a sweet, sweet journey enjoy it all. Be gentle Sing your heart song to me so I can sing it back to you when you forget. Let’s sing together~
© Marie Cornelio Love is a beautiful thing.
Lyrics and Song…
Love is beautiful thing
Love is beautiful thing
Love yourself and all your imprefection
Love all your insecruites
Love all you have to offer
Love everything…..Its not done yet!
Open up your heart and that is as far as I have gotten. When I finish I will share
Love and gratitude,
Wow, 2011 just flew by. It seemed like just yesterday, I was saying Happy New Year and reflecting back at 2010. I am very grateful for all the blessings that did and didn’t unfolded in 2011. It’s all been part of this wonderful journey we call life. I am truly grateful for it all.
For the past few years, I have been giving themes and intentions to my years. Instead of resolutions. To me themes and intentions feel much more authentic and organic. I write my goals out for the new year with a plan of action along with affirmations. Some people burn their intentions as a symbol to release them.
I don’t ! I like reflecting back and seeing how many goals, intentions I accomplish by the end of the year. I start my new year themes and intention process with deep thought, reflection, gratitude, prayer, meditation, vision board and seeking lot’s of guidance from God as to what area I should work on first in my personal and professional life. As I promised I will be sharing my 2012 theme.
After careful consideration and signs and guidance. My theme for 2012 is Living and Speaking My Truth, Transition and Growth.
Plus, I plan to focus more on be-ing love, living love, giving love, love, love and more love. We could never love too much. I read a quote from one of my favorite authors Florence Scovel Shinn the book is called The Game of Life and How to Play it. It’s fabulous & filled with such goodness and wisdom! A must read!
Real love is selfless and free from fear. It pours itself out upon the object of its affection, without demanding any return. Its joy is in giving. Love is God in manifestation, and the strongest magnetic force in the universe. by Florence Scovel Shinn
Gratitude is my rock and the cornerstone of my spiritual foundation. Gods love is my peace and guide. So 2012 here we come and I welcome you with a open-heart to receive all that is meant to be. I release all attachments and expectations past, present & future while living in the present moment expanding my greatest joy.
Professionally, I am going to be getting my beautiful gratitude book out to you! It is sure to help you cultivate a gratitude practice and lifestyle. I also will be recording meditations Cd’s, audio courses. All these tools will defiantly help you cultivate a more loving experience in your life while living extremely grateful. It’s your turn now! What are your intentions, traditions, rituals for preparing for the New Year? I would love to hear them all. Share with us by leaving a comment