Wow, 2011 just flew by. It seemed like just yesterday, I was saying Happy New Year and reflecting back at 2010. I am very grateful for all the blessings that did and didn’t unfolded in 2011. It’s all been part of this wonderful journey we call life. I am truly grateful for it all.
For the past few years, I have been giving themes and intentions to my years. Instead of resolutions. To me themes and intentions feel much more authentic and organic. I write my goals out for the new year with a plan of action along with affirmations. Some people burn their intentions as a symbol to release them.
I don’t ! I like reflecting back and seeing how many goals, intentions I accomplish by the end of the year. I start my new year themes and intention process with deep thought, reflection, gratitude, prayer, meditation, vision board and seeking lot’s of guidance from God as to what area I should work on first in my personal and professional life. As I promised I will be sharing my 2012 theme.
After careful consideration and signs and guidance. My theme for 2012 is Living and Speaking My Truth, Transition and Growth.
Plus, I plan to focus more on be-ing love, living love, giving love, love, love and more love. We could never love too much. I read a quote from one of my favorite authors Florence Scovel Shinn the book is called The Game of Life and How to Play it. It’s fabulous & filled with such goodness and wisdom! A must read!
Real love is selfless and free from fear. It pours itself out upon the object of its affection, without demanding any return. Its joy is in giving. Love is God in manifestation, and the strongest magnetic force in the universe. by Florence Scovel Shinn
Gratitude is my rock and the cornerstone of my spiritual foundation. Gods love is my peace and guide. So 2012 here we come and I welcome you with a open-heart to receive all that is meant to be. I release all attachments and expectations past, present & future while living in the present moment expanding my greatest joy.
Professionally, I am going to be getting my beautiful gratitude book out to you! It is sure to help you cultivate a gratitude practice and lifestyle. I also will be recording meditations Cd’s, audio courses. All these tools will defiantly help you cultivate a more loving experience in your life while living extremely grateful. It’s your turn now! What are your intentions, traditions, rituals for preparing for the New Year? I would love to hear them all. Share with us by leaving a comment
Medical studies have shown that living in a constant state of stress and overload can undermine your physical and spiritual well-being. People who live with high stress levels make more mistakes, have more accidents, get sick more often, experience higher rates of depression and physical pain than others who are able to reduce or manage stress well.
I created a list with a few simple stress relief techniques you can use to help you manage your stress during the holidays as well as all year long.
- Take a Gratitude walk or hike: Exercise is known to reduce stress and relieve tension. Studies indicate that exercise reduces feelings of anxiety, depression and hostility associated with high levels of stress. When adding a dose of gratitude to your daily walk or hike it will give you that extra burst of inspiration and happiness. By appreciating everything around you it will naturally cause you to become more aware and present. Thus raising your energetic vibration. Then your higher -level of vibration can attract more higher-level experience. Gratitude research has proven that when we practice gratitude on a daily basis it releases feel good chemicals to the brain that aids in our well-being causing us to have lower levels of stress and higher levels of peace and happiness.
- Listen to something soothing: Create a play list on your iPod with stress relaxing music, sounds of nature, instruments or your favorite positive songs. Listening to a audio book can be relaxing. When you pick music make sure it’s music that raises your happiness and peace vibration.
- Practice meditation: Anyone can practice meditation. Meditation gives us a sense of calm, inner-peace. Spiritually it connects us to infinite Love. Meditation benefits our over all well-being. Medical researchers have found that meditation brings down high blood pressure, anxiety disorders, cancer, depression, heart disease, substance abuse, sleeping problems. There are several forms of mediation find what form best meets your needs. When you need it stop, drop and meditate.
- Practice yoga: There are all sorts of yoga styles find one’s that works best for you and give it a try. It’s good for the body and mind and a wonderful way to reduce stress.
- Don’t over commit: Keep a calendar and never say yes automatically. Time pressure contributes heavily to the experience of stress in our culture. Keep the party planning and gift contribution down to a minimum. Be sure to schedule inactive time so you can just be and relax. Don’t feel guilty because you can’t make it to every holiday party.
- Do your gift shopping early in the morning or on-line: The best way to avoid the stress of over crowded malls or parking lot’s is by shopping on-line. When going to the store or mall to shop. Get there as soon as the doors open. You are more likely to beat the crowds and find a good place to park.
- Watch your spending: Over spending causes a lot of stress. There is never any happiness in more. Create a budget for spending and do not go over it. Find creative ways to participate in gift giving like making your gifts or eliminate gift giving all together this year and opt for contributing to a charitable organization or being of service.
- Schedule self-care day: Go to a day spa, get a message, facial or treatment. Allow yourself to rest and rejuvenate. If you can’t afford the spa opt for a manicure or pedicure or do your own holistic natural home day spa. Read a good book or go see a movie, gardening is also wonderful way to relax.
- Make yourself laugh: Medical researchers have shown that laughter actually has therapeutic effects within the body. Laughing speeds up your heart rate, releases endorphins into your system and helps relieve stress. So put on a funny movie or think of something silly somebody you know did and laugh and laugh and laugh.
- Release expectation: Release expectation and attachments learn to go with the flow. Do not try please everyone that will just create stress. Let go and go with the flow. The holidays can bring out a lot expectation and issues with family and friends. Set an intention to release all that and trust and commit to stay present and in the moment.
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: You can keep a gratitude journal, gratitude board, gratitude photo album or write your gratitude on post it note. Counting your blessings is a wonderful way to self-express your appreciation. Find a quite time during your day or evening. Make your favorite tea or warm drink and reflect upon what you have in your life to be grateful for. Gratitude is the attitude and it is a beautiful way to live. It’s a natural life sweeter. Research has shown it lowers stress and has many wonderful medical benefits. It can raise your happiness level by 25 %.
- Daily Prayer: Daily prayer is known to reduce stress. It allows your mind to become quite while expanding a calm state of mind.
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a Spiritual Teacher, Soul-Nutritionist, Transformation Catalyst and Gratitude Practitioner. You can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at www.mariecornelio.com. Marie lives in Northern, California and loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie Love.
President Obama issued a presidential proclamation declaring October 2011 as Domestic Violence Awareness Month and urging Americans to speak out against domestic violence.
The National Hot-Line number 1-800-799- SAFE (7233)
For more information and resources about Domestic Violence signs & symptoms. Go Here http://www.thehotline.org/get-educated/what-is-domestic-violence/
From a spiritual standpoint it’s important to remember that love does not hurt, disrespect, dishonor or wound another. I read this quote the other day on facebook and thought it so poignant for today’s Newsletter.
Spiritual surrender doesn’t make you a doormat. It does make you respond more lovingly to life, but sometimes the loving response is “No.” Marianne Williamson
If you are a victim of domestic violence please speak up and seek help.National Hot- Line number is 1-800-799- SAFE (7233)
I want to give you a Free Mindset Meditation as my LOVE gift to you. (Especially if you are now or have been affected by Domestic Violence in the past. If you are struggling with hurt, hate, pain, resentment, fear or shame. This is for YOU.
Releasing and Healing Mindset Meditation.(If you are struggling with hurt, hate, pain, resentment, fear or shame. )
Sit up straight in your chair or pillow and with your palms facing up in receiving position.
Breathing in through your nose and out through your nose. Paying close attention to your breath and allowing your mind to relax and rest.
Breathe in: I am surrendering and releasing my past and present hurt, fear, pain, bitterness and anger to Love.
Breathe out: I am not a victim of anything or anyone especially fear.
Breathe in: I choose to forgive and move forward with a clear conscious and pure intentions for the greater good of all.
Breathe out: I release attachments and expectations and the need to be in control and surrender to spirit.
Breathe in: I live from a place of power, peace and grace.
Breathe out: I choose Love. Love is all around me and I am safe.© 2011 Marie Cornelio | All Rights Reserved.
National Domestic Violence hot-line. 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
Are you a domestic violence offender? Remember you are not your pain, fear or rage. Seek peace and seek professional and spiritual help right away. The first step to recovering is admitting to yourself first and then to everyone else that you have a problem . DO NOT delay. Seek help right away. Spirit will help you if you are willing.
Want To Use This Article In Your Ezine, or Website? You have my permission, as long as you include this complete blurb with it. Marie Cornelio is a Spiritual Teacher, Transformation Catalyst and Gratitude Practitioner. you can visit Marie, access her free articles archive, and grab free stuff at www.mariecornelio.com Marie lives in Northern California and loves celebrating life with her family and taking daily gratitude walks with her dog Roxie-Love.